Learn to Speak
Our approach is simple. We introduce the language incrementally so you learn steadily without being overwhelmed. You participate in activities that make the language easier to understand and harder to forget. And our mobile accessible materials allow you to keep learning outside of class. More about our methods
Early Registration Open
Lock-in our early registration prices. After the second week of August, prices will rise to meet our higher costs. The increase will be incremental, and the price will remain the best value in the city.
Which class is right for me?
The table below should help give you an idea about where you might fit into our classes.
|Absolute Beginner||Mandarin One|
|Good with Pinyin||Mandarin Two & Three|
|Starting Characters||Chinese One|
|Improving Reading||Chinese One, Two, …|
|Intermediate Reading||Chinese 101, 102, … , 110|
|Reading and Conversation||Hanyu Feng 300 & 500|
Register now for Fall classes 2016
Each class meets 10 times, once a week, for for 1.5 hours. (Note: to register, just click on the class name)
Portland Lloyd Center
|Mandarin Three||Tue||6:00 PM||09/13/2016||$125||Portland|
|Chinese Two||Wed||6:00 PM||09/14/2016||$125||Portland|
|Hanyu Feng 750||Wed||6:00 PM||09/14/2016||$125||Portland|
|Mandarin Two||Wed||6:00 PM||09/14/2016||$125||Portland|
|Chinese With Me||Wed||7:30 PM||09/14/2016||$125||Portland|
|Chinese Three||Thu||6:00 PM||09/15/2016||$125||Portland|
|Mandarin One||Thu||6:00 PM||09/15/2016||$125||Portland|
|Hanyu Feng 500||Thu||6:30 PM||09/15/2016||$125||Portland|
Tutoring on your Terms
Not seeing the class you need? Not finding something that fits your schedule? We can arrange a tutor to fit your schedule and address specific needs. See our tutoring options
What will you learn?
- Access to 10 online lessons
- Printed workbook of the lessons
- Teachers who care
- Online quizzes (excellent practice material!)
- Lesson content slides
- Mandarin One: In this course you will learn pronunciation, pinyin, basic grammar and something about Chinese culture. You will build a solid foundation for future study, while gaining practical language skills appropriate for everyday use in China and Taiwan. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin One.
- Mandarin Two: Having mastered pinyin and simple grammar, the next step is to become more comfortable with sentences. We will explore more interesting grammar patterns, expand the vocabulary and learn how to engage native speakers in conversation. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin Two.
- Mandarin Three: While continuing to build vocabulary, this class will focus on conversations that frequently occur frequently when traveling in China. You will gain more confidence in conversation and deepen your understanding of modern Chinese culture. Check out a sample lesson from Mandarin Three.